Hello all,

I decided to dive head first into the Linux universe so far I like it but have come across a few issues with the wireless on my acer aspire: My regular ethernet connects fine to the internet after doing a DHCP discovery e0.

What I did to get my broadcom wireless card turned on I used the wrapper untility with the xp wireless driver for my laptop
then I used the wireless utility to configure my settings I entered my ESID my 128 bit crptokey and set it to managed
when I try to connect to my network it does nothing it says in the utility that no access point is available and ESID is any
when I select the network discovery button my network shows up and when I select it nothing happens?

I have green bars so I know the thing is turned on but it seems to not be getting DHCP from my Dlink router. I'm at school now so I can't provide screen shots as yet but I will post them later to this thread any help of suggestions of things to try would be much appreciated also is there a link to the linux equivalent commands such as ipconfig and ping? I think one is iwconfig?

Thanks,
-Eric

Ok here is destop snap of my current network situation:

Any help provided would be much appreciated!