Hi all,
My name is Sav Singh and am currently working on remastering a knoppix distribution. I have recieved a lot of knowledge and help from these forums and I would like to thank everybody involved to make this forum a big success. I would really appreciate if you guys could kindly help me with an issue running a specific application.
Currently I am using KNOPPIX version 3.8.2. I have used UnderScore's script http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13867 to remaster. I have managed to get rid of applications and install other applications. After burning the ISO image, the CD boots up fine and i can run some of the applications that I have installed. But the problem is with "etherape". This network monitoring application is not running when i click the respective icon from the KMenu. I recieve a message saying "Error getting device: no suitable device found" Surprisingly, when i run this from the root shell, it seems to work fine. I would guess that this is because of some permission problem. Could any one suggest me what should I do regarding this please.
Another application called Greenwich seems to have some problem as well. When clicked, it seems to be load in the toolbar with a "busy" moune symbol but suddenly dissapears after that.
I would really appreciate if you could help me with this please.
Many Thanks
Sav Singh