i attempted to create a remastered iso for a cd image using the knoppix remaster script indicated in the sticky at the top of this forum (i downloaded the newest release version 0.1-6). i am basing my image off a knoppix 3.8 cd (only because it's all i have). i created a 10gig partition for the purpose of performing this operation.

i'm working on a computer with very limited ram, so i intended to perform the operation exclusively from the hard drive by reserving a portion of the drive for swap.

before i started the operation, i verified that i was able to read from and write to the partition, and i was successful.

upon starting, i created a gig of swap space. it was happy. then it came time to start transferring files for the source. it got to 80% at which time it indicated that there was not enough drive space available. however, only a 1/3 of my partitioned drive was consumed.

did i miss something? the current used drive space on my partition after the aborted attempt is 3.3gig. according to the remastering howto in the documentation on this site, i shouldn't need more than 3 gig plus swap. what gives?