Krellan2,
Thank you so much for the great posts and the wiki page. Finally some one who's talking English!

I followed the instructions given on the Wiki page and have the Knoppix image on a Fat 16 Flashdrive (I think). However the BIOS seems to simply be glazing over it and I'm not seeing any indication that the BIOS even knows its there. The 1GB Flashdrive is plugged in to built-in USB ports. My BIOS allows me to put "Removable devices" in the boot order, which I have done. I have put "Removable Devices" before the Harddrive with XP on it.

I'm confused.

I have tried it on a few computers, with similar results. I have been working on this a few times, and in previous attempts used tohd=/dev/sda1 in the boot command. I was able to use boot from the Flashdrive using fromhd=/dev/sda1
IF
I had the Knoppix cd in the CD drive. In this scenario the BIOS boots from the CD perfectly. It is also able to use the Knoppix image on the Flashdrive created by the tohd=/dev/sda1 command by Fromhd=/dev/sda1.

HOWEVER
The BIOS would treat the Flashdrive exactly as it does now, as if it didn't see it.

Initially I thought I would need to install GRUB or LILO onto the Flashdrive. But didn't know how to use these, and couldn't find understandable instructions. (I guess that's the catch with Linux right?)

My goal is to create a perfectly portable OS that boots and has a PH on the Flashdrive. (Thus, I would be able to walk up to any BIOS supporting computer and boot into my desktop!)

Is this possible? I think your thread says it is...I just can't figure it out.

Have I done something wrong? Does the BIOS settings for Legacy support affect the matter? Do I need to use Fat32 instead of Fat16? ANY help in this matter would be helpful!

Thanks again

Godfearer22004