Hello,
I've been attempting to connect to the t'internet for ages, first with a usb adsl modem, with no success, and now i've got a router i thought everything would be simpler, but i'm still struggling. The router is a Voyager 220V which was given as a freebie when i upgraded my isp account. It works fine under XP but i'm confused 'cos when i look at the set-up it says the protocol is PPPOA, (which after reading many pages on this forum over the lastr few weeks i expected to be PPPOE) even though i'm not sure i should be using PPPOE or not

I'm running knoppix live from a DVD (V5.01) and have configured eth0 (i think) when i run ifconfig eth0 is listed and is given an ip of 192.168.1.1 (and get a response when i ping it) so i think its working, so the problem is getting to the WAN. When i run the DSL config script from the knoppix menu it tells me that it could not find an ethernet connection!

On XP when i look at config page of the router and try to configure a new connection i get an error message saying that because the router was supplied by the isp, i can only use it for the isp, which is fine cos i do, but with unix. Is this a ball-breaker or not?

If anyone can give me the benefit of their wisdom i would be very gratefull.

Thanx