...booting from the CD-version i can see the Kernel-messages up to configuration of network interfaces. eth0 (internal LAN) config is being backgrounded, on configuration of eth1 (broadcom) Knoppix gets stuck - nothing else happens.

My system can boot with older Knoppix-version 5.0.1. Its an IBM Thinkpad T40 with mini-PCI wlan device described above.

Greetings.

Update 1:
I have wlan up and running on 2006-01-RC4 of Kanotix using ndiswrapper. Maybe the kernelmodule bcm43xx is the problem here in Knoppix? Here is the output line from lspci:
02:02.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4306 802.11b/g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 03)

Update 2:
"expert" kernel wont boot either. Network drivers are loaded automatically.
I found out that there is a cheatcode to disable dhcp at least, and this one helps on booting! --> knoppix nodhcp
But, when i try to load ndiswrapper module (after unloading bcm43xx) the whole system freezes!
Remember: Kanotix (Kernel 2.6.18 ) works this way with ndiswrapper and i have a connection. And Kanotix does also load bcm43xx kernelmodule first, which has to be unloaded for ndiswrapper.