Well hello there.

I'm having a bit of a problem. I have Knoppix 5.1.1 that runs from the disc. Fist of all, lets get some specs:

eMachines W3118
AMD Sempron Processor 3100+
1.81 GHz, 992 MB of RAM
Windows XP Home w/ SP2 + all current updates
PCI Softdata Fax Modem with SmartCP (PCI bus 4, device 7, function 0) Manufactured by CXT (56K Dial-Up)

Ok then, so I've skimmed around Knoppix and I see where I create the new network connection...the wizard doesn't work, so when I try to set it up manually, it won't let me enter the Username and Password for my ISP. I don't understand why. It won't let me type in those two entry fields at all! It lets me create it and all that, but there's no way of typing in the info. I checked to make sure the keyboard was working on Knoppix, and sure enough, it was. Sooo, I don't know what to do. I tried the wizard again....and realized that I can't use it. It asks me to choose a country and my country isn't listed, US.

I'd greatly appreciate the help. I know I'm a chick, but I know my way around the computer. Please, lemmie know what you think is going on...is the modem not compatible? *sigh*