I have started using knoppix almost full time. I use Icedove email client because it can share the mail files with netscape mail or thunderbird when I boot XP. However, I have noticed what appearst to be a mail account limitation. I have put 9 of my about 20 email accounts into thunderbird, all with the setting to check mail on start and every 10 minutes.

I notice that two of the email accounts are not checked for automatically. I even waited 30 minutes hoping the check every 30 minutes would pick it up. It did not. I am not having the application remember passwords. I type them in everytime, and the password is not asked for until I manually press the button to check for new mail. This account is generally the same one, my main account, but not necessarily. Sometimes it is one of the other accounts.

Also, every time I start icedove, it asks for passwords in a different sequence. Is there any way that I can define the sequence of accounts to check for mail so that my main ones are checked for first? Is there a limitation in the size of mail files or number of accounts. My 9 email accounts currently occupy about 1.3 gigs. I delete mail that is spam, but generally keep the rest so the mail file does get large.

Thanks
Neeraj