I've gone through this battle before different distro and drivers same problem. I have an Everex NC1502 with the Chrome 9 HC IGP video. I downloaded what looked like the most recent drivers that are suppose to work with this card. I installed them and get the common "no screens found" error. I read this card is not supported by Linux and some that say it is. I'm guess it may just now coming about. I read off the box a resolution of 1280x800 and on cbet max resolution 1440x900, I'm guessing resolution isn't the problem? Any ideas?
I think the chip set is P4M900, when I did the installed I had to install a file called libXv.so.1.0. I copied one from my Mandriva 2006 computer. Don't know if thats ok or not?
edit, I gave up on the video drivers ended up trying to install Ubuntu which wouldn't install. Then back to Knoppix which now wouldn't install, then back to Vista which worked, than I finally got Knoppix to install!!! What a bugger. I'm not certain but I think the drivers are not quite ready for this chipset.
So Now I have found the USB is buggy and won't read the thum drive. it comes up with some kind of "wrong fs type, bad option, bad supper block on dev/sdb1" error. they work fine on XP and Mandriva 2006.
I also found the speaker works fine but there is no sound from the jack, when you plug in the speaker sound goes away but the head phones are dead. kind of wierd.