Hello,

I need to save an image of a windows partition to a ntfs partition through knoppix. I have to do it like this, because while I was formatting my partition c:, I cuouldnt continue, and in the moment the drivers where installing the monitor turned black and a message telling "energy saving" poped up and it was no possible to follow the installation.

So I am using a knoppix live cd, version 5.0.
To do this, I just need ntfs write access, and to run this program r-drive image, a windows program, so for that I think I must use winetools, but I dont know how to make these programs work

maybe itś a better solution as to redimension the main partition, and create a partition with a fat32 file system, then I could skip the installation of fuse or nfts-3g or similar programs? and to use just wine instead.

I tried to do it with QTparted, but when I redimentsioned my sda1 partition, (I don't understand why but itś not recognised as hda1, and thatś my main partition) I hope to not have conflicts for this........

Then I really need to be able to run this image because I have lots of data in my other partitions, incluided an external hard disk which is formated in nfts too,

what do you recomend me to do?

Thank you and regards