Hello, I'm remastering Knoppix, so I would like to edit the /home/knoppix directory. I know that I have to edit /etc/skel in my chrooted environment. There a 2 Problems:
1. If I edit /home/knoppix and move knoppix to /etc/skel, the changes won't work if I boot my remastered Knoppix. E.g. I've created a file called "test" in my /home/knoppix directory on my HD. Then I copy/move the directory to /etc/skel. After that I leaved my chroot env. and made the ISO. After this I booteded it with VirtualBox. Then I typed in "cd /home/knoppix" and "ls -a", but I can't see a file called "test".

2. I think there is my Problem: 2 Days ago at the beginning of my remaster, I removed all KDE Packages. There was a package called "xsession-knoppix", I deleteted that too. Now I want to install this Package, because I have read that the file "45xsession" is for copying the /etc/skel to /home/knoppix. But when I write apt-get install xsession-knoppix, apt returned an error (It returned a german error, because I've got a german Knoppix, I tried to translate it: "Package xsession-knoppix isn't available, but it is referenced by another Package. E: Package xsession-knoppix" hasn't got an install..."

How can I install the Package xsession-knoppix, because I want that my /etc/skel automaticly copied to /home/knoppix, so that I can use my Fluxbox config etc. ?

EDIT:
Ok I found xsession-knoppix at http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org/packages/ . I will create my ISO to test it.

EDIT2: My last Problem is, that it seems that fluxbox generates is menu file automaticly new. For example: I wrote my own menu file and saved it in /etc/skel. After Iso making and booting the Image Fluxbox Overwrites my Configfile in /home/knoppix. Is there a workaround for that?

Sorry for my bad English.