I installed Knoppix 5.0 as dual boot on my Windows XP machine. I can boot either xp or Knoppix from the hdd.
Office will not start

There was a pwer fluctuation when I was using Knoppix. Since that time Office does not work. If I try to start any of the office products it just hangs with the message that office is being used by another user. Usually there is a pid file which will prevent applications from restarting. I tried to search for it but I didnt find it. Is there anything else that can be done? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall office? Can I install only office from my Knoppix 5.0 cd instead of installing the full distribution? If so how to do it?

Oracle 10gxe will not start.

I installed Oracle 10g for Debian on my machine. The install was successful and I can see the Oracle icons like " start database" "stop database" etc. When I reboot the machine it says starting Oracle and Listener.
I am not able to run any SQL command or connect to :8080 on the local host. I checked the ora processes with ps-ef command and they are not running. Any suggestions on this?

Adding packages from Live cd to the HDD

I have a Knoppix games live cd . I want to add only the games fronm this cd to my existing Knoppix 5.0 distribution . How do I do it?