A game of this quality should be shown off prominently.

I was trying random games from debian and was blown away by the quality. I looked it up and found out why...it was written by Kenta Cho. The Kenta Cho.

For those not familiar with him: macworld called him "one of today's best independent game programmers" and I hear MTV interviewed him. The point is: he doesn't make "ok" games or "good for open source" games... he makes damn good games even compared to the proprietary best the genre has to offer. The man has fans.

I wanted to try his work ...but I thought he put out proprietary one level demos so I haven't and was shocked to see his stuff in debian. Also shocking was the quality; Debian shoot em ups are generally terrible.

-Knoppix should definitely make a little room for this gem.

Its a niche genre...but people who like the genre will get a kick out of this game. Especially if they've tried some other painful open source shoot em ups.

I imagine competition for space on the CD gets pretty tight...but taking a look at the game menu, there's two instances of Galaga and a Potato Head game so space can't be that tight.

-Getting Cho's other games into debian should be a priority for the part of debian concerned with gaming

He has 10 or so games...they have linux ports...only 2 are in debian. Its just frustrating to see the community waste a gift from the sky like this. Although I think I know why. Most are written in D and theres no FLOSS compiler yet, so they'd probably go into contrib. Still, frustrating.

oh and rRootage is another one of his and is in debian but I find it runs slowly without the proprietary 3D drivers.