The past few days, I've been reading up on knoppix remastering. Today, I tried my hand for the first time. I tried to follow the guide step by step, but I've obviously made a mistake. When I boot my new iso with virtualbox using the line "knoppix 2", I get:

Code:
Creating unified filesystem and symlinks on ramdisk...aufs test_add:368:mount[1291]: different uid/gid/permission, /KNOPPIX
>> Read-only CD system successfully merged with read-write /ramdisk
Done.
Starting init process.
INIT version 2.86 booting
#: bad interpreter: No such file or directoryfig: /bin/bash
Setting the system clock.
System clock set to: Tue Sep 30 14:53:20 CEST 2008.
Setting the system clock.
System clock set to: Tue Sep 30 14:53:21 CEST 2008.
INIT: Entering runlevel: 2
I don't know where to even begin to look for the error. It seems the new packages I installed are present, and I double checked to make sure /bin/bash DOES exist. In fact, if I login in to the console, I can do /bin/bash, and it gives me a nested prompt.

When I built the image, my working directory was /home/lytithwyn/cdimages/remaster/, and I had subdirectories called source and master, just like the guide suggests. To build my KNOPPIX file, I used:

Code:
mkisofs -R -U -V "KNOPPIX" -publisher "username" -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad ./ | nice -n 5 ./usr/bin/create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /home/lytithwyn/cdimages/remaster/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
Then, to make the image file, I used:

Code:
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 \
   -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat \
   -hide-rr-moved -o /home/lytithwyn/cdimages/knoppix.iso /home/lytithwyn/cdimages/remaster/master