It's probably something simple but I can't seem to figure it out. I have a GeForce2 Ti card. When Knoppix boots, it detects it as a GeForce2 GTS but installs the generic nv driver. So, I go into Kconfig, select periphials/X Server/Video Card and update it to the GeForce2 GTS (Rev 1) driver. I select yes when it ask me to save then I go into the "Knoppix - save configuration menu" and select everything. Presumably, this writes a file called "Config.tgz" on my hard drive.

I then shutdown and reboot using "Knoppix home=scan myconfig=/mnt/hda1". The boot up messages indicate that it found and loaded the Config.tgz file but, when I go back into Kconfig, it's still using the generic nv driver.

I've also tried "xmodule=nv" both with and without specifying home and myconfig locations. That also does not work.

The only other things I can think of is boot to a lower run level (3, I think, bit I have to look it up -- I'm a bit of a newbie obviously), make my changes in Kconfig, then use cntrl-alt-backspace to get out of X and restart. Alternatively, I suppose I could start in runlevel 2 and use vi to manually edit the XF86Config-4 file before starting X.

There has to be an easier way though. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Joe