The Adriane mode is great! Bravo on such a great project!

I just tested Knoppix 6.0 and have a couple of thoughts - although they may not be relevant since I don't use the Adriane mode myself.

Since the cli file-manager is MC, would it be better to use mcedit for the "notes" application, rather than nano as the default?
I could see a large amount of notes getting out of hand - how about a hierarchical setup - maybe just two-deep to start to keep it simple? Example, todo's, jobs, birthdays, bills, etc and notes contained inside those headings/directories/folders whatever. Or is the notes application more of a collection of stickies?

On a similar note, I wonder if one of my favorite cli applications, HNB or Hierarchical Notebook would be useful here? In addition to keeping notes organized, it also has a nice to-do / task manager that might work well with the voice synthesis? (ctrl-t for "task" and toggle ctrl-d for done/undone)

Elinks is great - although I also use it to browse the local filesystem, (elinks . or perhaps elinks / to start with. While I use elinks more as a web and local file browser, I tend to use Lynx on occasion too for very simple file management in the "F"ull menu, tag file(s), move/copy/delete etc. Both of these make nice simple local file browsers.

I'm blown away by Adriane. Keep up the good work Klaus!