-
what is edd?
Hello. I was and am a very happy user of knoppix 5.1.1 on my Toshiba 2775 P3 laptop. What a great disc. Works with no cheatcodes needed.
I am trying to use knoppix 6.0.1. Unlike 5.1.1, I have to add edd=off into the boot line. I figured that out because, like 6.0.1, Parted Magic hangs for around two minutes after the initrd, but when PM hangs it says it is probing edd, and suggests edd=off. So, even edd=off is not in the knoppix cheatcodes, it does work and eliminates that 2 minute hang.
Does anyone know what the edd is doing? And what are the consequences of turning it off?
Also, for 6.0.1 I have to use pci=bios. For 5.1.1 I did not.
Thanks much for all the hard work!
Irwin
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$119.99

Samsung Chromebook 4 11.6" HD, N4000, 6GB, 64GB EMMC, Platinum Titan
$165.00

64 GB Ram (32x2) Memory for laptop: Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.
$280.00