Hello. I was and am a very happy user of knoppix 5.1.1 on my Toshiba 2775 P3 laptop. What a great disc. Works with no cheatcodes needed.
I am trying to use knoppix 6.0.1. Unlike 5.1.1, I have to add edd=off into the boot line. I figured that out because, like 6.0.1, Parted Magic hangs for around two minutes after the initrd, but when PM hangs it says it is probing edd, and suggests edd=off. So, even edd=off is not in the knoppix cheatcodes, it does work and eliminates that 2 minute hang.
Does anyone know what the edd is doing? And what are the consequences of turning it off?
Also, for 6.0.1 I have to use pci=bios. For 5.1.1 I did not.
Thanks much for all the hard work!
Irwin

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key&
$69.90
Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech
$747.99