Thread: A PLEA for help from any and all LINUX MAVINS

A PLEA for help from any and all LINUX MAVINS

I'm spanking new 2 Linux. I saw "Last Linux by T3AM-LASTOS [h33t]" which looked Kewl so I d/l the
    torrent. However the disc doesn't Boot or nuttin'. I would really like to get this installed to see if it's
    as good as it claims to be. Is there a generous soul out there with time on their hands to build me
    a bootable/installable DVD ? If you want to charge a reasonable price for your efforts with at least
    some kind of promise it will work I would consider it. send me a private message OK ? Hope I get
    a nibble on this cuz I really wanna try this here Linux to see if it's all you guys say it is !!

God Bless

Wells P. Martin
    Vietnam Vet '66-'67
    Military Police
    Sentry Dog Handler
    An-Khe Det "O" 212th MP Co. K9

EDIT NOTE: an e-mail link was removed by a moderator and replaced by the private message line. We do not like to post open e-mail addresses here because they will quickly be harvested bu spammers and result in a flood of unwanted spam The private message feature allows users to contact youi directly (and you get an email notification of that contact) without exposing your e-mail addresses for spammers.

Administrator Site Admin-
    Not sure which Linux you are talking about, but our DOWNLOADING FAQ explains how to properly download and burn a Knoppix CD or DVD and the basic information will apply to any valid Live Linux ISO file. The Downloading Faq can be found by clicking on the Documentation link near the top of this page.

There certainly are people who will sell you a copy of Knoppix or most other Linux discs. But for the greatest reliability I strongly recommend making your own burn at low speed. It is also a handy skill to master, once you know how to do a burn properly and have the correct tools available, you can download any ISO and burn a good working copy quickly, giving you the opportunity to evaluate many different Linux options and quickly get any updates or alternate versions offered.

I have made CDs and DVDs in the past for people who had some limitations keeping them from burning their own. But if you have the bandwidth to download an ISO file and the hardware to burn it, I would much rather answer any questions that you have after reading the downloading faq and help you to burn a copy yourself than just make one for you.