Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knoppix 6.3

Member registered user
    Quote Originally Posted by eco2geek View Post
    The short answer is, "libgfortran3" is installed but gfortran isn't.
    Seeing that maxima is still present, and scilab has been added, the scientific user is still supported. I suppose the missing gfortran is an oversight, or has not yet bubbled to the top of the priority list.

Moderator Moderator

Bug ? mount --bind is not working for the data in the root "/" (init file system)

Hello, The mount --bind command allows to remap a tree somewhere else. For some reasons with Knoppix 6.3 (and maybe some other versions of Knoppix) the mount --bind is not working for the data (folders and files) within the root "/" directory (data part of the init ram disk). It works fine for everything else. These examples just fail with the following error: (assuming /toto exists) mount --bind /mnt /toto" mount --bind /static /toto" mount --bind /modules /toto" mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /mnt, missing codepage or helper program, or other error In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try dmesg | tail or s but these are working just fine: mount --bind /ramdisk/var /toto" (/ramdisk is a ram disk file system) mount --bind /etc /toto (/etc is a link to the union file system folder /UNIONFS/etc) Any idea ? Thanks, Gilles

So where do I get a copy of 6.3? Do I have to find the magazine and buy it? I have tried searching the net and the only places that seem to have it avalable to download want me to sign up and pay for it. When will this site (an official Knopix site I believe) have it available?

Senior Member registered user

6.3 Availability

The special editions created for Linux Tag are usually not available at all. This year was a bit different in being available in a magazine as well. This means unless you can find someone to host it then getting the magazine is the only option.
    Usually Klaus releases a general version on the main Knoppix servers at some point later.
    However, as has always been the way with Klaus, the general version will be ready when it is ready - so don't bother asking!

ive got knoppix6.3 installed just wondering if there is a 64 bit verison yet

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by livix View Post
    ive got knoppix6.3 installed just wondering if there is a 64 bit verison yet
    Are you sure you got 6.3? AFAIK it's only available on disk with a magazine; where did you get it? I have not seen official releases with "64 bit" designation, either, but someone on the forum mentioned getting something like that - poke around (search the site with Google, I mean) and see what's there.

Cheers!
    Krishna

[IMG]file:///home/knoppix/Desktop/Screenshot.png[/IMG]yeah im sure i got it from linux magazine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123