Thread: Wireless keyboard issue

Hybrid View

Moderator Moderator

Question Wireless keyboard issue

I've got a wireless keyboard/mouse combo that I've used under both MacOS and Windows, and the keyboard doesn't work for me, though the mouse is fine. Anybody know what I need to do?

Krishna

Quote Originally Posted by krishna.murphy View Post
    I've got a wireless keyboard/mouse combo that I've used under both MacOS and Windows, and the keyboard doesn't work for me, though the mouse is fine. Anybody know what I need to do?

Krishna
    Its in such a despair after working in Window$... Im using a Logitech kbd/mouse on USB port (Knoppix), had trouble with Knoppix recognizing either. Seems as it wanted to startup without either Kbd, mouse and external monitor, then have them plugged in afterwards. Now that its up and running, the mouse connects much more quickly than in Window$. Check the cells in the keyboard, they may be weak reducing the transmit range. I use rechargeable Ni-Mh cells, since the mouse drains them quickly. The trick to the mouse is to leave the cell cover off and pop one out when not in use, so the LED doesnt drain them overnite. I just had the keyboard fail to send a "zero" from the keypad, the "zero" on the Kbd worked. Odd. It wont set Numlock on boot either, but thats not a big problem.

Moderator Moderator
    I just had the keyboard fail to send a "zero" from the keypad, the "zero" on the Kbd worked.
    Sounds like numlock is off.

My mouse shuts off after a while, so it's okay to leave it on overnight, etc. Numlock-on-boot seems to be hard for Linux generally, not just Knoppix, but as you said - it's not such a big deal (unless you forget to turn it on.) It seems to me that, it being a catch-up game for non-Windows OSs, there'd be some effort put in to make the easy, surface-only stuff the same so people won't be put off. How hard can it be to make the "Super" key (^ on the left side of the space bar) open the main menu? When I have some spare time to fool with such...

Cheers!
    Krishna