Thread: How to rearrange the desktop in Knoppix 6.2

Member registered user

How to rearrange the desktop in Knoppix 6.2

My icons are being displayed vertically from the top right to the bottom. Is it possible to cange the way they display themselfs on the desktop, so I could place them in defferent locations?

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoPlushie View Post
    My icons are being displayed vertically from the top right to the bottom. Is it possible to cange the way they display themselfs on the desktop, so I could place them in defferent locations?
    Try right-clicking and/or the System Settings in Preferences on the main menu.

Member registered user
    Quote Originally Posted by krishna.murphy View Post
    Try right-clicking and/or the System Settings in Preferences on the main menu.

You see, I think I made something silly when I typed shortcuts on the keyboard and it looks that way:

1). I have 4 desktops, but when choosing the 1st one, icons and desktop is being blocked and the right click also,
    2). when I connect bluetooth device by USB, launch the bluetooth-applet and copy something on the desktop, it changes from "unarrangeable" with standard wallpaper I added to "unlocked" with more superior wallpaper,

So, the first desktop doesn't respond, but copying something from my cell phone launches something in the background which makes my desktop free of restrictions.

Even when I created 4 desktops from 1-4 or only one, I have additional, sophisticated desktop I like because:
    - I can rearrange icons,
    - I see the miniatures,
    - I can see rollover and rollout effects,

Ehh, I'm a really really new newbie with one question: what's goin' on?

Did the Knoppix 6.2 learned I'm a newbie and blocked my desktop intentionally to limit the possibility of "destruction" from my actions?

Ps. There is no option to unblock the desktop or give the permissions to it for me. Funny, that USB blootooth with copying from cell phone to the desktop action solves this, but I can't do much more alone.
    Last edited by GizmoPlushie; 04-23-2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: letters mark II