Hello

I've downloaded the ISO file for 6.2.1 (KNOPPIX_V6.2.1CD-2010-01-31-EN.iso), and successfully booted up an Acer desktop with it, with Knoppix running entirely in RAM using the line "knoppix screen=1024x768 toram nopcmcia".

I do have a couple of issues, though:
1. How can I change the keyboard layout from EN to FR? I didn't find what switch to use when booting up, and there's no trace of the "Control Center" or "Regional and Accessibility" group as specified here.

2. It's not visible in the screenshot, but the screen output is a bit off the left, so that I don't actually see the equivalent of Windows' Start menu and had to click blindly. How can I tell Knoppix to shift a bit to the right?

3. Although I used the "screen=1024x768" switch when booting up, Knoppix only displays in 800x600/60Hz, while a bare Windows without any specific driver is able to use 1024x768/75Hz with no problem. How can improve the screen definition?

4. I'll use this opportunity to ask a general question: Every GUI Linux distribution that I've tried over the years show fonts that aren't as "crisp" as under Windows, like they're a bit fuzzy: Is this due to the use of X instead of writing directly to the video card, the lack of good fonts, or yet another cause?

Thank you for any help.