Thread: Live USB Knoppix 6.2 - Boot Help...

Question Live USB Knoppix 6.2 - Boot Help...

Hello . I'm new to Knoppix. I wanted to try it out. I had to join the forums to get some help on this question that I can't find the answers to else where. I am a Windows XP user. I already got Knoppix v6.2 installed on my SD card (put in a card reader as a usb), but when I have reboot to boot in Knoppix, it loads, then it brings me to a menu option if I want to have data put on the Live SD (enter a certain amount of ram to store or leave blank). I did nothing, then secs later it brings me to another menu of options, such as:

email
    firefox

& etc.

What I want to know is how not to be just stuck in a cmd-line like state, but to have load the Knoppix desktop view. I have read the FAQs, but no help there for this considered problem or confusion. Please help. Thanks. God bless .

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo777 View Post
    Hello . I'm new to Knoppix. I wanted to try it out. I had to join the forums to get some help on this question that I can't find the answers to else where. I am a Windows XP user. I already got Knoppix v6.2 installed on my SD card (put in a card reader as a usb), but when I have reboot to boot in Knoppix, it loads, then it brings me to a menu option if I want to have data put on the Live SD (enter a certain amount of ram to store or leave blank). I did nothing, then secs later it brings me to another menu of options, such as:

email
    firefox

& etc.

What I want to know is how not to be just stuck in a cmd-line like state, but to have load the Knoppix desktop view. I have read the FAQs, but no help there for this considered problem or confusion. Please help. Thanks. God bless .
    You got the Adriane version (visually-impaired assistance - happened to me, too.) Either re-do your disk with the regular version or type in (at the screen right after boot)
    Code:
    knoppix
    and then[Enter] - it will boot to the GUI you're looking for.

Cheers!
    Krishna