Thread: knoppix console directed to an external monitor

Member registered user

knoppix console directed to an external monitor

Hello,
    I tried really really hard to scan through 50+ pages of posts, but ...
    Problem: using Knoppix 5.3.1 live DVD (or any other version for that matter) I always boot in using "knoppix 2" so as to work from the bare console. Greatly prefer this to the desktop for file/folder management. Have never managed to direct output from the laptop screen to an external monitor: the Windows "defaults" such as Fn-F5 or possibly Fn-F10 just lead to keystroke errors. Any ideas/ instructions? Happy to use setkey [or any other instruction list] that will achieve this. Using a Samsung P210 but I guess I'd like a catch-all solution if there is one.
    Thanks and best wishes,
    Fergus
    PS Found once but now lost forever!: where is the forum that invited us to state our "Best Knoppix Ever" and Why?

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fergus View Post
    Hello,
    I tried really really hard to scan through 50+ pages of posts, but ...
    Problem: using Knoppix 5.3.1 live DVD (or any other version for that matter) I always boot in using "knoppix 2" so as to work from the bare console. Greatly prefer this to the desktop for file/folder management. Have never managed to direct output from the laptop screen to an external monitor: the Windows "defaults" such as Fn-F5 or possibly Fn-F10 just lead to keystroke errors. Any ideas/ instructions? Happy to use setkey [or any other instruction list] that will achieve this. Using a Samsung P210 but I guess I'd like a catch-all solution if there is one.
    Thanks and best wishes,
    Fergus
    PS Found once but now lost forever!: where is the forum that invited us to state our "Best Knoppix Ever" and Why?
    It's Fn-F4 to switch monitors on my Gateway lappy, and FWIW I think that's standard.

Cheers!
    Krishna