-
Toshiba L305-S5957 won't boot from CD
I am very new to this, so please excuse what may be some obvious questions. I downloaded the data recovery software Knoppix 5.1.1 and burned to CD (at 48x - the only option that appeared). When boot from the Toshiba begins, error message appears:
Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
I tried the four options from tips/tricks including the testcd. It always give me the same message. The Toshiba is running Vista. I have searched the forum for similar issues and I am trying to recover any data possible from the hard drive before I reformat and send it back to Toshiba...it is still under factory warranty.
Any help you can provide would be appreciated!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00