Hi all, Recently a motherboard in an old pc of mine toasted itself... It contained some important data, so I pulled out the HDD and put it in my good pc and booted Knoppix (the old one was running Debian, so I couldn't pull out the data with Windows *sigh*). However, when I try to copy my data to an USB HDD, I randomly keep getting the error message "Success" and then PCMan stops copying the files... It doesn't show up with every file and it doesn't even occur for the same file everytime. Quite a strange error message and I can't find any info related to it. This is no issue of having not enough space on my external HDD, because I have 971,9 GB left. That should be enough for 18GB of data, right? Could it have something to do with the fact that the HDD is (probably) NTFS formatted? Knoppix seems to be using FUSE for this, and I am totally unfamiliar with that system... Here is the line mount gives me for the external HDD:
Code:
/dev/sdf1 on /media/sdf1 type fuseblk (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1000,group_id=1000,allow_other,blksize=4096)
Thanks in advance, Eric Spreen