Thread: Browser not working

Browser not working

After installing K6.2.1 on my laptop I tried to surf. My connection is to my wireless router connected to my desktop. The connection icon on the bottom right shows the appropriate green bar symbol with the pop up that I am connected but the browser doesn't act like it. I don't find any firewall connected with Knoppix so I am at a loss
    as to what can be inhibiting browser function. Any help please?

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by medusa569 View Post
    After installing K6.2.1 on my laptop I tried to surf. My connection is to my wireless router connected to my desktop. The connection icon on the bottom right shows the appropriate green bar symbol with the pop up that I am connected but the browser doesn't act like it. I don't find any firewall connected with Knoppix so I am at a loss
    as to what can be inhibiting browser function. Any help please?
    1) Have you used the wireless router to connect previously? It's not usual that you would be connected without having to click anything first - normally, one clicks the icon and chooses a "visible network," or chooses "Connect to a hidden network."

2) You say that Knoppix is "installed" - normally, that means copied to the hard drive in one way or another. At least in the beginning, Knoppix runs off of a CD, and there's a self-test feature that you might want to run. Boot to the "big penguin" prompt, then type in
    Code:
    knoppix testcd (or testdvd)
    Hit the Enter key and you'll find out if you've got a good disk, at least.

Cheers!
    Krishna

Browser not working

I did a HD install with the version 6.2.1. There is not disk at all anymore in the bootable drive. Plus there is no big penguin at the bottom on my version.