I think that it would be helpful if you could tell us which version of Knoppix you have installed and which desktop environment you are using.
Ok...so incredibly stupid question/scenario: I've just started working with a HDD-installed Knoppix environment. I right-clicked on the desktop and went into the preferences window, where I accidentally disabled being able to right-click on the desktop. Now I want to re-enable that functionality (this is the menu where you modify your desktop image, etc), but the only way I knew of getting to that settings window was by selecting the option from the right-click menu :P Would anyone happen to know if that menu runs a particular executable to bring that window up? Or maybe if there's another way to re-enable the menu itself? Thanks
I think that it would be helpful if you could tell us which version of Knoppix you have installed and which desktop environment you are using.
You're definitely right. I'm sorry for leaving that out. It's Knoppix version 6.4.4, which I believe runs lxde with compiz fusion (although I don't think the latter plays a role). I've been out of the Linux loop for quite some time (my latest Linux box had a 600MHz processor), so hopefully that isn't too out of the ballpark.
... it's a bug of "PCManFM".
With PCManFM 0.9.8 within Knoppix 6.4.4 I get the same result, if I select 'Extended/ show Menu..'
Changing the value of "show_wm_menu" from "1" to "0" in
'/home/knoppix/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE/pcmanfm.conf' and re-login, I get the old behaviour.
Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.4.4 remaster)
I have done the same thing with Knoppix 6.2.1 but I have been unable to locate the pcmanfm.conf file. Is it different in 6.2.1?
Gary Schulz
webtek/Florida USA
... try in a console.. but I have been unable to locate the pcmanfm.conf file. Is it different in 6.2.1?
Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.htmlCode:find /home/knoppix/ -name pcmanfm.conf
Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.4.4 remaster)
Try /home/knoppix/.config/pcmanfm/LXDE/pcmanfm.conf
I still haven't been able to find pcmanfm.conf but I have solved the problem. In the PCMan File Manager (Ver 0.5.2) that I use there is a selection available in the Edit function on the menu bar that allows you to set preferences and under Preferences you get a box that allows you to set the Desktop features and there you will find a selection under General that allows you to select the desktop menu from the Desktop.
Many Thanks for the help though.
Gary Schulz

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00
Vintage Apple computer Cross Metal Ballpoint Pen Black Ink Gold Trim
$125.00
Vintage RARE 1980s Apple Computer Logo Frisbee. Great shape, w/ the usual nicks
$220.00
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Apple PowerBook 3400c TFT LCD RARE Vintage Laptop untested
$139.99
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99
Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99