Thread: Microknoppix boot options

Question Microknoppix boot options

Hi, I've found numerous lists of knoppix boot options or cheatcodes, and have used boot options in other distributions so I had no trouble finding the toram option I need. The problem is that as I boot microknoppix from a usb stick there is no boot menu. Is there some way to call up a menu or do I need to modify the bootable usb? I have tried and failed to find an answer to this so any help would be appreciated.

hows your bootable usb stick made?
    Mine boots using syslinux and in syslinux.cfg I can specify the timeout (=time to alter boot options)

Thanks for your help.

I was looking for configuration in "/", "/etc" and "/boot" on the mounted system and wondering why "/boot/grub/menu.lst" wasn't doing anything. But I just ran a search for "syslinux.cfg", found it in "/mnt-system" and got "toram" to work. I should have ran "df" from the start, not used to the way knoppix mounts things.

Ok, so it seems that editing the text file has broken the compressed knoppix image. Time to start from scratch but I should get it right this time.

normally if you edit the syslinux.cfg file (located in /mnt-system == the root of your usb stick) you wont break the compressed knoppix image.
    If you plug your usb stick in a computer running linux-windows (your choice) you will be able to undo the changes.

anyway, good luck