Quote Originally Posted by kl522 View Post
I wouldn't say poor-man install on NTFS and running knoppix fuse/ntfs-3g is totally safe, considering that in my opinion, the original Knoppix does not shutdown properly, especially on fuse/NTFS. However, it is definitely safer than trying to use Win7 VHD on Linux.
Sure, but I perceive this mostly to be a problem for Knoppix. Persistent image is inherently unsafe storage because of non-proper shutdown. If lack of proper file closure causes a file system corruption problem after random access to an established, allocation-wise unchanged file, then NTFS is worse than I am able to believe it is. Any program, at any time, might get stuck and die, leaving open files behind, and Windows can't rely on any special OS monitor being alive and kicking at the time to fix it.

Do you think this bug may corrupt NTFS?

In any case, please register this as a bug, as you know so much about it, and have a fix: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Bugs/6.4.4DVD. Very nice if you could include your patch(es) too. Of course, Klaus K is completely free to ignore all bug reports/suggestions, but the bug pages on the wiki here have been actively used by Klaus&co in earlier releases.