-
Senior Member
registered user
Totally different approaches, for different purposes IMHO
This approach and Werner's are almost diametrically opposite approaches to remastering, and suitable for very different purposes. And if "remastering" means creating a new ISO image for CD/DVD, this is of course not remastering at all.
But, in my understanding, remastering means essentially recompressing a modified UNIONFS, possibly together with other modifications. That's what I and a few other users need, and provided the necessary boot files are present, copy/backup by the built-in Install Knoppix to flash disk can be used.
As for virtual machines, I have found qemu very useful for checking the remastering, but personally, I don't really need them when I don't modify minirt.gz. Nor have I ever needed a hard disk install for remastering. That was necessary to build a pure 64 bits Knoppix version in a straightforward way, but that's a different story.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Iomega Bernoulli 90 PRO 90MB SCSI Removable Disk Drive + Extras
$124.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage RARE Gigabyte GA-5AA Socket 7 Motherboard AMD K6-2 400mhz BOOTS TO BIOS
$224.99

Vintage Laptop HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion N3110 Celeron 433 MHz *Please Read*
$50.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Apple Macintosh LC Getting Started Manual With Lot of 8 Floppy Discs
$24.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00