-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Werner P. Schulz
You'll get all of this while using a remastered CD by my way with "Install KNOPPIX to flash disk"
The other method is "
recombine"; but I don't like it and I tested it not very well. Modifing Knoppix in a real HD-installation is more versatile.
Greetings Werner *
http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
Own Rescue-CD (Knoppix V6.7.1 remaster)
That just points back to entirely different use situations. For my needs, I have yet to discover one single way modifying Knoppix in real HD install is more versatile than using Poor Man's Install (PMI) - my experience is rather to the contrary, which is also why I hesitate to create a 64-bits 6.7.1-version - I'll rather wait for the next release, to see if a pure 64-bits version can be made more easily from a PMI then.. I can't speak for you, and you clearly don't speak for me.
My major Knoppix use is not for testing, experimenting or rescue purposes, but as a workstation OS. Since 6.0, Knoppix has been the main OS version in my daily work. Therefore, CD versions are of little or no interest to me, and I don't really have to comply with the 4 GB limits either - I just find it practical to do that for now.
Normally I use at least 16 GB USB sticks, and I can hardly see any way syslinux/isolinux serves me better than legacy GRUB on those devices - on the contrary, I usually set up 3-4 partitions, and tailor different boot options for different Knoppix packages on the partitions. Which is very handy with legacy GRUB, and at the very least, I don't have to learn another booting tool well.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00