Hi, My User Name is Cabie and I would like to join this group. I am a windows user and I am fed up with the Bull that is labeled vista. I do believe people are leaving MS in droves - no one is upgrading to vista and or 7. I live in Middletown, N.Y. just east of where N.Y., N.J. & Penn touch.in the U.S. this is a 175,000 plus population. The Medical profession has multipull 4 story buildings and a large Hospital. Everything is linked by computer, they are still using XP and have no plans to update their system. New laptops and desktops are being sold with linux installed as the O.S.'s other choice, for less money, & m.s. is running adds on tv. on all channels and every day. I don't think I ever seen an ad on tv. for XP. The only reason I'm on this computer is because my son bought it and when it crashed he couldn't fix it and made it worse till there was nothing left to try, so he gave it to me and told me that he tried everything he knew to get it going but couldn't. He even tried to put XP on it but was unsuccessfull. He wanted me to use the computer for parts. I didn't I called Acer and complained. So for $20.00 US I got a fairly new computer. I still cann't put XP on it - I believe they screwed with the BIOS so that XP cann't be installed. Real Nice of M.S. don't you think ?

So - Please let me know what I need to do to join this group and any other groups that would help me get going with Knoppix . OH, and Thank You Very Much for having this site and allowing me to join

Looking forward to new starts and new friends.
Sincerely
Cabie
P.S. No I don't drive a taxi it's part of my last name.