Hi all,

This is my first post to this site, so please forgive me any newbie errors in etiquette. But I've been a user of Knoppix (via Live CD) for years. I started with Knoppix 5 and still use that and Knoppix 6 to this day. I have never been able (despite my years of use) to get Knoppix to work with my wireless access point. That was never a problem... until today.

In the past, I would just use an Ethernet cable to connect to the modem/router and Knoppix always seemed to "recognize" the connection automatically. But on my new Toshiba Satellite (model: C655-S5225) the connection to the Internet never seems to be established.

I've done some Googling online and searched through this site too but to no avail. In Knoppix 6.0.1, I can get all the way to the desktop just fine. I can open a terminal. I can poke around other areas too (but note, despite years of use, I'm still a novice with Knoppix/Linux). But I can't seem to tell what is going on.

Can anyone help? I would really like to be able to use Knoppix and connect to the Internet wirelessly. But I'll settle for being able to use the Ethernet cable (just as I have been able to do 4 other machines so far... just not the latest machine).