6.7.0 DVD supplied with a Magazine Boots fine. Its 32bit of course, so I am unable to take advantage of the full 6G of memory on this Entertainment Laptop/Notebook Downloaded 6.7.1 DVD, hoping to booy linux64. Tried many cheatcodes, nothing works. Just get a flashing cursor. Some issue with the X server? Tried to boot to console only. Same problem. Dont believe it can be a Display Driver issue, as 6.7.0 works just fine with this box. There are some subtle issues with the Insyde UEFI BIOs, and ATI Radion Mobile graphics. Power state is default. The BIOs offers next to no low level hardware examination or configuration options. Most frustrating. New to Knoppix; my LiveCD of choice is SLAX / Porteus. The v1.0 64bit version of Porteus also fails to boot on this box. SLAX-remix06 is OK (no sound); but Virtualbox Linux VMs running in this environment seem to use extravagant amounts of CPU ( X : 22% CPU ) XP VMs are OK. But the Linux Ubuntu 10.04 VM runs like molasses and is useless. Guidance please on how I might go about isolating this problem. Can I force writing of log information to a harddrive linux partition? It annoyed me that there appears to be NO syslog/messages/dmesg running in a default boot of Knppix 6.7.0 - How do I turn on logging with a cheatcode? My objective is to get a Linux 64bit host working to be able to run Virtual Machines. VirtualBox 4.1.4 was recently released; I will certainly use this (Squeeze) deb packages, rather than the Knoppix DVD supplied ones. First step is to figure out why I cant even get 6.7.1 to Boot! ( Checked sigs of DVD iso / and K3B burned DVD. Both are OK ) All suggestions welcome!