I'm not going to over think this, I'm just going the do each of klaus2008 (the champ)'s commands and check for a keepnote menu choice after each command.

root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# sudo dpkg -i /home/knoppix/Downloads/keepnote_0.7.6-1_all.deb
(Reading database ... 73447 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace keepnote 0.7.6-1 (using .../keepnote_0.7.6-1_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement keepnote ...
Setting up keepnote (0.7.6-1) ...
Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme ...
Processing triggers for python-central ...
root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix#

Looks good to me and the keepnote menu choice is there. Some of the previous commands must have helped. - - how exciting ! Definitely owe klaus2008 and uti at least a beer !!!!!

OK - next - running KeepNote and creating a notebook. Wonder where I should put it. I had a notion of maybe putting all the data files in under one data file. I see that there is a KNOPPIX-DATA folder ..... wonder if that is a
good place ....

Wonder what best practice is? I see a KNOPPIX-DATA / home / knoppix
... I think for now and this is probably wrong, I'm just going to create a directory under the top knoppix called Data and under that called keepnote. Perhaps I can find the Data folder for applications and also have SpiderOak backup the entire Data folder other and maybe sync with my other PCs and operating systems. Wonder what others do?

Anyway - KeepNote is running under Knoppix - many thanks !!!!!!!

Will be interesting to see when I reinstall, if I can duplicate. I think I'll start with your last set of instructions.