Thread: An interesting thread

Senior Member registered user

An interesting thread

An interesting thread with comments by
    both Klaus Knopper & Gilles van Ruymbeke.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-knoppix/2012/01/

Senior Member registered user
    Re Ryumbeke's method: I just tried running a virtual machine (WinXP) from a nominally very fast USB3 stick under remastered 6.7.1, but I had to use a hard disk drive instead to get it to work satisfactorily. Running Knoppix from the stick went very well, however. So, external SSD USB3 mounted is probably the most robust way to do it.
    He seems to use the "cloop chain" method (can of course also be used with squashfs), also mentioned elsewhere recently, and I think having a completely pristine OS to boot (as an alternative which Knoppix always allows) may be a good idea. As there is nothing particularly worthful in the original Knoppix cloop, I personally prefer recreating the cloop image. For example, just the deb package database takes around 400 MB in the DVD image, and that is mostly dead space after performing some extra installs. Likewise, programs may be mostly dead after upgrading - therefore, I may easily end up with, say, 1-2 GB of unnecessary occupied space if I don't recreate the cloop.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Working Commodore Vic 20 Computer with Power Supply, RF Adapter Box, & Paperwork picture

Working Commodore Vic 20 Computer with Power Supply, RF Adapter Box, & Paperwork

$99.00

Commodore 64   picture

Commodore 64

$160.00

Commodore 64 Game Lot Untested 5 Games And Fast Load Cart. *Read Description*  picture

Commodore 64 Game Lot Untested 5 Games And Fast Load Cart. *Read Description*

$58.95

Commodore 128dcr Computer - W/JiffyDOS And Keyboard - Fully Working picture

Commodore 128dcr Computer - W/JiffyDOS And Keyboard - Fully Working

$699.95

Vintage Commodore VIC 20 Computer Untested No Power Adapter MADE IN USA Keyboard picture

Vintage Commodore VIC 20 Computer Untested No Power Adapter MADE IN USA Keyboard

$59.99

Commodore Model 1541 Floppy Disc Drive Vintage No Power Cord picture

Commodore Model 1541 Floppy Disc Drive Vintage No Power Cord

$150.00

TeensyROM Cartridge for Commodore 64/128: MIDI, Fastload, Emulation, and Network picture

TeensyROM Cartridge for Commodore 64/128: MIDI, Fastload, Emulation, and Network

$65.00

Commodore 64 power supply 902503-02

Commodore 64 power supply 902503-02 "for parts"

$11.00

RARE Commodore KS64C Personal Computer Keyboard #’d 292/500 - Great Condition picture

RARE Commodore KS64C Personal Computer Keyboard #’d 292/500 - Great Condition

$299.99

Commodore 128DCR with Original manuals, Software and 1541 Disk Drive + picture

Commodore 128DCR with Original manuals, Software and 1541 Disk Drive +

$500.00