Hi, this is my first post, so thanks for reading and if you have the opportunity to help me out of the mire it would be greatly appreciated.

I have a WD MyBook World Edition 1TB NAS that has failed. I have removed the HD from the NAS, connected it up to my Windows Vista (YUK!) Laptop using a SATA / USB Adapter. The drive is recognised however when I type in 'fdisk -l' it lists the following:

WARNING: GPT (GUID Partition Table) detected on '/dev/sdb' ! The util fdisk doesn't support GPT. Use GNU Parted.
...and subsequently.......
Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sdb1 1 121602 976762583+ ee GPT

When I try mounting the drive using the command 'mount -t xfs -o nouuid /dev/sbd1 /mnt/wd' I get the following error:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error. In some cases useful info is found in syslog.

I got the 'mount -t xfs -o nouuid /dev/sbd1 /mnt/wd' command from another forum as I am woefully out of my depth here. I used to know my way around SCO Unix donkeys years ago, but haven't touched it in 18 years at least.

Any thoughts on how I can try to get this drive mounted in Knoppix? I'm running the latest Live Cd version - downloaded a couple of days ago.

If there is anyone out there who can help save my bacon and assist in getting me connected to my long lost data I would be eternally grateful.

Fingers crossed.