Hi all,
I did a search on flash-knoppix with no results for such a basic question as mine.

*(as an aside) I've been trying to move to Linux off and on for about 10 years now without much success. I'm still trying. I would really like to find documentation that would take someone like me from quite ignorant to moderately competent (in a daily linear manner) as I was able to do with the commercial training docs for windows. Everything Linux I've looked at is either sooo basic it doesn't really tell you anything useful or assumes some level of familiarity w/o the means to become so.

To the problem; Right now, I've d/led the knoppix DVD, verified and burned. boots fine and runs. I caught the bit about installing to a usb flash drive ("a program called flash-knoppix is provided in the "Settings" menu when starting from CD or DVD.") But I missed seeing "Settings" anywhere. So, is "Settings" a menu that is supposed to show during boot or is it a menu I'm supposed to find from the desktop.
I'd also like to know where to post questions on the "persistent" stuff. What I've read seems just vague enough that I can see interpreting things in several ways which leads to (at least some) very futile and frustrating trial and mostly error.

Right now I'm Clueless in Quincy.