Hi,

since some time I use Knoppix 7.05 as live DVD (I do not remember whether the problem did not exist with version 7.0.3 which I used before.
I am working with an usb-drive Intenso 2,5" 320 GB - which I connect to the usb-adapter after knoppix is started.
When I start the file manager PCManFM 1.1.0 and select this USB-Drive I get the error:
DBus error org gtk Private RemoteVolumeMonitor Failed: An operation is already pending.
I think I have seen this message more often - and I clicked "close" on the message box and I copied files to the knoppix directory and worked with them and I copied back the file back to the external file without problems.
But this time I thougth, I should check what this message means. I am worried about my data.
Looking in google for this error I got much results e.g.:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1175638&page=2

The first report was from 2009 and I am wondering why a so old problem is already not solved.
The error seems not to be dependent of PCManFM, it seems also to happen on console.
There are many ideas of solutions. But I am not able to appreciate the solutions because I am a newby with Linux.
I looked what d-bus is doing in the English wiki
D-Bus is an inter-process communication (IPC) open-source system for software applications to communicate with one another.
But I really do not understand what the message
DBus error org gtk Private RemoteVolumeMonitor Failed: An operation is already pending
Is this an error which source is DBus - or is DBus only used to send the message to the desktop.
Is gtk only specified because gtk uses DBus for the communication.
What is the RemoteVolumeMonitor?

Is the real message only "An operation is already pending"
When yes, where can I find more information which operation is meant?
Is this a problem or is it normal and pending operations are processed in a queue without problems?

Maybe someone could help me.

Thanks in advance for reading and thinking about my problem.

memberX

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
sorry for my not so good English - all corrections are welcome