Hello folks

I don't know where to start, so I'll start where ever...

I have all the knoppix ISO releases since knoppix 5, & I have to say, something is really wrong.

Knoppix 6.0.1 works on ALL my systems, but starting from 6.0.2 on upwards, I'm excluded from enjoying it's awesomeness, & no one seems to care about resolving the issue.

As i've said back then, I prefer knoppix over the rest because i entered the linux world via knoppix, & all i know now, i learned through knoppix. However... knoppix has done me badly over the years (smile lol). It can't be said that the knowledge of how to make it work is unknown, because 6.0.1 lit up all my machines flawlessly, but not so with 6.0.2 right on up to 7.0.5.

I've lost hope in the knoppix devs for a while now, because it's clear they don't care about this issue, & seem to want it the way it is for some reason. If I paid for it, I'd be demanding my money back, but it's free, so what can you do? lol

I get frustrated easily, but knoppix has shut me out for a long time now. I have waited patiently for years for new versions, & every time they are released, I get let down. They don't work. All I ever hear about is the constant 'cheat codes' that allows it to boot by disabling required features of today's computers, but in reality - turns your computer into a stone age piece of crap... like 'knoppix nolapic' (at the boot prompt) causes your computer to preform like it has a CPU from the late 90s. I can't enjoy Linux this way. Can't even load up firefox without the whole system freezing up, & crashing due to CPU red-lining at 100% usage, & not allowing any other thread to work until firefox is done... which it won't complete due to freezing.

I guess the question to ask is... can I manually edit something somewhere that will allow my main machine/gaming rig to boot just as 6.0.1 did... not requiring 'knoppix nolapic' at the boot prompt in order to boot?

I really want to use PlayOnLinux/WINE but can't cuz it's a pile of crap at the 6.0.1 level at version 1.0.1_blabla, That's the max version i can find (bug haven). I want WINE 1.5 + ALL the dev tools Linux has to offer at today's level... not decade old crap.

Is there a way to make knoppix boot normally, & work just as 6.0.1 did... while loading the latest knoppix version like 7.0.5? (jan 19th 2013)