Hey guys...

I ran into a little hiccup again, & would like some assistance, or even just confirmation that it won't ever work, or whatever.

I'm using the Live USB version of 7.0.5 DVD with the KNOPPIX folder that is originally in the root directory of the USB - copied to the root of /media/sdb1 (NTFS) which gets searched, & detected before the version of the folder on the actual USB drive is found, so it get's loaded first ... discarding the one on the USB stick - all without the fromhdd=/xxx/xxx code at the boot prompt. The knoppix-data.img file is 16 Gigs in size, & formatted as an ext2 virtual disk:

Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/media/sdb1/KNOPPIX/knoppix-data.img bs=1M count=16600
mke2fs -m 0 -F /media/sdb1/KNOPPIX/knoppix-data.img
e2fsck -fy knoppix-data.img
In 32bit Knoppix, the 32bit version of the NVIDIA installer (NVIDIA-Linux-x86-310.32.run) works perfectly, but the 64bit NVIDIA installer (NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-310.32.run) has issues with 64bit Knoppix.

Actually... I have no idea what the problem is. Could it be that knoppix64 is a limited shell like environment workaround to support more memory, & not a true 64 bit setup, or is it just that the installer is broken by design (needs fixing)? The 32 bit version was only installed AFTER trying over, & over again to install the 64bit version first on firstly 64bit, & then 32bit knoppix with no success on either kernel.

First... I uninstalled xserver-xorg-video-nouveau, & libdrm-nouveau1a via Synaptic Package Manager, then restarted, then at the boot prompt, I entered:
Code:
knoppix64 nocomposite nomodeset 2
...then at the runlevel 2 environment prompt:
Code:
sudo sh ./mnt-system/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-310.32.run
which always results in either:
Code:
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ cd /mnt-system
knoppix@Microknoppix:/mnt-system$ sudo sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-310.32.run

ERROR: this .run file is intended for the
    Linux-x86_64 platform, but you appear to be
    running on Linux-x86.  Aborting installation.

knoppix@Microknoppix:/mnt-system$
...or (knoppix64):
Code:
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ cd /mnt-system
knoppix@Microknoppix:/mnt-system$ sudo sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-310.32.run

Verifying archive integrity... OK
    Uncompressing NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver for Linux-x86_64 310.32
    ...........................................................................................
    ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-310.32.run: line 896: ./nvidia-installer: No such file or directory

knoppix@Microknoppix:/mnt-system$

The line that confuses me is:
./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-310.32.run: line 896: ./nvidia-installer: No such file or directory
I extracted the contents of the .run file, & it does contain the nvidia-installer file, plus there was a 32bit folder too named 32, with the same files in it as the parent folder.

Is this a known issue, & solvable, or could it be an error by NVIDIA/Linux?