Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible purchase of DVD

knoppix dvd

knoppix dvd at lob.de in germany

Junior Member registered user
    Why not put KNOPPIX DVD available for download as a regular version?! Although a DVD's ISO is huge when compared with a CD-ROM ISO.. couldn't it be made available online? Even if it were only on one mirror! Instead of having a bunch of versions, that particular mirror would have just the DVD version...

PX.

Klaus Knopper has already said that until everybody can afford a DVD writer there won't be any future DVD versions. One might agree or not, but he is the boss (simply because it is him who does all the work).

Can someone else put the DVD on-line?

I am meteing a few debian/dynebolic gurus this summer for awhole week and I would like to a) show tham knoppix DVD version b) further customise it (as we will have DVD burner)

Could someone please put it on-line?

I'd definitely buy the DVD if I could get it!

All my compliments to this excellent pioneering distribution! I would have gone Linux Tag but I was already on my way to the Love Parade in Berlin when I found out about it.

I got a DVD edition of Knoppix 3.1 which was just the CD iso burnt on to DVD. It was a popular inclusion on the cover of Linux Format magazine, and is included every now and again due to popular demand. It was most impressive due to the increased read speed of the DVD drive, but 4 Gigs of software would be incredible I think.

Not to mentiong the gaming potential, like the way gentoo have built on your inovations!

I think there is definitely a market for this disk, go on, put it on main release.

Barry.

I can get a DVD-RW for GB£74 now in the UK! Not the coolest ones but not too bad. Pioneer A06 I think. I've posted a couple of copies of knoppix out to a firend in Zambia where they really need this kind of help. DVD writers are definitely not that cheap there though, not like anyone could buy them even if they were anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio1704
    Klaus Knopper has already said that until everybody can afford a DVD writer there won't be any future DVD versions. One might agree or not, but he is the boss (simply because it is him who does all the work).

Senior Member registered user
    Quote Originally Posted by ingmar
    If you're outside of the EU ( as I am ) don't count on this.

For a start, I tried to buy this with my credit card, and recieved an automated email in German, but no further correspondence. So I called up "speka de english?" and was told that they do not accept credit cards form outside the EU.. Back to square one...

Quote Originally Posted by eadz

For a start, I tried to buy this with my credit card, and recieved an automated email in German, but no further correspondence. So I called up "speka de english?" and was told that they do not accept credit cards form outside the EU.. Back to square one...
    I used Google translation tools to go through the Lehmanns site and place my order and when I got to the "Check-Out" it gave an option for International orders so I placed my order and it seemed to accept it so I am still waiting for delivery(standard delivery postage charged 6.15 Euros).

About 8 days after placing the order I received an Invoice in the mail for the said order and so I thought that was efficient of Lehmanns advising that the order was processed and I should expect the goods to follow later. A footnote printed at the bottom of the invoice (specific to this order) "In Deutschland Lieferung generell portofrei - Payment by creditcard (no., validity date). No Checks allowed!" and this has been crossed out with a wiggly line in ballpoint pen.

So your post has me concerned that it may not be coming after all, did you place your order on the Secure International Order page? If I have not seen the goods within the next 2 weeks, I will have to Email Lehmanns and it will be also be indicated I guest if it shows up on my Credit Card Statement.

Also can anyone advise as to if the Linuxtag DVD edition Knoppix is only in German because on the forum located here http://mailman.linuxtag.org/pipermai...ly/003478.html seems to indicate this to be the case? Being an international Conference and on a DVD I would have assumed that they would provide both German & English versions? Is there any Cheat Codes to boot in English or any other workarounds to deal with this issue?

Also it appears that the DVD also had some bugs that Klaus acknowledged and said he was going to put up on the web (see this topic) http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...asc&highlight= can someone give a pointer to were these are please?

This is the first Forum I have joined - Knoppix and it are both great!

Senior Member registered user
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixelman
    Quote Originally Posted by eadz

I used Google translation tools to go through the Lehmanns site and place my order and when I got to the "Check-Out" it gave an option for International orders so I placed my order and it seemed to accept it so I am still waiting for delivery(standard delivery postage charged 6.15 Euros).

About 8 days after placing the order I received an Invoice in the mail for the said order and so I thought that was efficient of Lehmanns advising that the order was processed and I should expect the goods to follow later. A footnote printed at the bottom of the invoice (specific to this order) "In Deutschland Lieferung generell portofrei - Payment by creditcard (no., validity date). No Checks allowed!" and this has been crossed out with a wiggly line in ballpoint pen.

So your post has me concerned that it may not be coming after all, did you place your order on the Secure International Order page? If I have not seen the goods within the next 2 weeks, I will have to Email Lehmanns and it will be also be indicated I guest if it shows up on my Credit Card Statement.

Also can anyone advise as to if the Linuxtag DVD edition Knoppix is only in German because on the forum located here http://mailman.linuxtag.org/pipermai...ly/003478.html seems to indicate this to be the case? Being an international Conference and on a DVD I would have assumed that they would provide both German & English versions? Is there any Cheat Codes to boot in English or any other workarounds to deal with this issue?

Also it appears that the DVD also had some bugs that Klaus acknowledged and said he was going to put up on the web (see this topic) http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...asc&highlight= can someone give a pointer to were these are please?

This is the first Forum I have joined - Knoppix and it are both great!
    When you get it you boot with "knoppix lang=us" and its english ...

The bugfixes are not up yet, I think ...

cu

Fabian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast