For the access to some compressed loop back files (previously build on knoppix, 7.2.0) on a different system (rhel-based scientific linux, 6.5), I downloaded Klaus' cloop source file from alioth (cloop-2.639-2.tar.gz), and compiled/built the kernel module and create/extract utilities for compressed fs as instructed. Everything went well. Using losetup for the compressed file with /dev/cloop, I received a warning however:

losetup: myfile.isoz: warning: file does not fit into a 512-byte sector the end of the file will be ignored.

The warning message apparently was issued by losetup. For a few of such files, there is no discernable difference (via 'diff -r') between the compressed file mounted on /dev/cloop and the corressponding extract_compressed fs mounted on a regular /dev/loop. Perhaps for certain files there would be some difference due to the ignored data sector? If so what type(s) files would be susceptable? Is there anything I missed in the installation of cloop? or there may be some 'fixes' for this?

For the SL 6.5, it is a 64 bit system, with kernel 2.6.32-431.1.2.el6.x86_64. The 'losetup' is in package util-linux-ng, dated July 2003. (The util-linux in knoppix 7.2.0 is also dated July 2003).

Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Boryeu Mao