Thread: Question about Wine and a problem....

Question about Wine and a problem....

Today I decided I wanted to try working with wine to run a program written for Windows XP that I can no longer run on a windows 7 program, and I have tried to build a new Windows XP systerm to run it, and found that Microsoft has blocked my disk of XP Pro, and my XP Home edition that came on my Systemax computer when I bought it. So, I wanted to try seeing if I can get it to work with Wine. The problem I have run into was that a few days ago I accidently clicked on a program that Knoppix wanted to use Wine to boot it with and the program hung and wouldn't stop cycling so I used the system monitor program to kill the process and I noticed tonight that the icon link in my main menu is gone and I have reinstalled the program several times to try and get it back and working and it just isn't coming back to the system. I have also been having trouble with BlueWho the program I have to have for the system to id my Bluetooth adapter so I can make my bluetooth connections. I have reinstalled it several times but it keeps going gunnybag on me and tonight I couldn't even get it to work even after reinstalling it twice. Any ideas on how to get my programs to run right?

Here is what
    Bluewho says when I type it into Terminal:

knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ bluewho
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/bluewho", line 444, in <module>
    on_toolbRefresh_clicked(None)
    File "/usr/bin/bluewho", line 285, in on_toolbRefresh_clicked
    executeScan()
    File "/usr/bin/bluewho", line 98, in executeScan
    name, address = btsupport.get_localAdapter(i)
    File "/usr/share/bluewho/src/btsupport.py", line 169, in get_localAdapter
    bt.hci_send_cmd(sock, bt.OGF_HOST_CTL, bt.OCF_READ_LOCAL_NAME)
    _bluetooth.error: (100, 'Network is down')
    knoppix@Microknoppix:~$

This is what wine says:
    knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ wine program
    wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\program.exe"

??
    Last edited by E-Tramp; 04-02-2014 at 06:26 AM.