Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knoppix 7.4.2 Iceweasel does not connect to outlook.com. JAVA Problem

In my Knoppix 7.4.2 (EN), Iceweasel does not connect to outlook.com. JAVA Problem

Please Can some one tell me if he is able to connect to outlook.com with iceweasel? (Knoppix 7.4.2) For me it is a Java problem. I have tried to disable all that I could about Java! Chromium works without problem. Thanks you knp
    Last edited by knp; 10-10-2014 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Presentation

It works if you previously disable the noscript extension and enable cookies. Doing so, I've been able to login to outlook.com.

hi guest
    Thanks you very much.I tried to disable Noscript LOCALLY (some pages). I understand that it must be disabled GLOBALLY as an "ADD-ON". You do not need to modify "cookies settings". The diificulty comes from the fact that, "usually", there do exist settings for javascript in Iceweasel itsef independently of Noscript.
    I catch this occasion to ask you about 2 questions which have nothing to do with the actual question:
    1- In my Knoppix7_EN, at the boot for choosing appropriate
    cheatcodes, the signs "=" and "/" are not obtained, curiously, in
    the "usual" way :
    "=" needs to type " shift+@"
    "/" needs to type "shift+8"
    2- Have you succeded to install Knoppix7 on a memory stick (NOT
    memory CARD!)? It seems that some one succed and many
    others no (like me)
    I posted these 2 questions as a post_response to a post related to "installing on usb flash memory". This ask_response has not been accepted and has been deleted.
    Thank you
    knp
    Last edited by knp; 10-11-2014 at 08:16 PM.

Moderator Moderator
    This ask_response has not been accepted and has been deleted.
    Nobody has deleted your posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    Thanks you W.P.Schulz.
    I tried to retrieve this post-response_question but not
    found it. So I decided to buy a 500Go USB_HDD must cheaper than numerous SD_CARD in regards of their respective capacity.This" resolves" the "usb-flash-stick_install".But the other question about keyboard booting signs is remaining. I shall try to download another "ISO" and burn it.
    Perhaps this will solve the "problem".
    I catch this occasion to ask you if there is a kind of "guide" for formatting texts: for example using Quotes (in the good manner), presentation etc...
    Sometimes the Text AND the Preview seem good...and finally the real post can have poor presentation. I saw that other users have had the same problem: presentation in a kind of "column" like in a "newspaper".
    I am wondering if it does not depend somewhat to the browser used.
    Greetings
    knp

Moderator Moderator
    Use double "new line" for new section.

You can use the "Go Advanced" button to have more abilities to format the posting; before sending your posting use "Preview" to see how it looks like.

If "noscript" (within Iceweasel/Firefox) is active for http://knoppix.net/forum/ disable it for this website; otherwise you cannot use the format abilities. Do not use Chrome/Chromium!

Below the editor area is the "Additional Options" area. With "Attachments => Manage Attachments" you can upload images and after this insert them in your posting.

Thanks you W.P Schulz
    knp

Hi. Yes, I had to completely disable noscript and restart firefox in order to get outlook.com working.

As for your other questions, sorry, but I don't have an english keyboard, can't help you on that one. However, I have to press the same key to type an '=' as with any other application configured to use the US keyboard layout (e.g. dosbox). Regarding the usb memory installation, I have Knoppix 7.4.2 installed on an 8gb memory stick (not a memory card) with a 3gb persistent file (not partition). I just used the "install to flash disk" option inside the knoppix menu.

Hi guest
    Thanks you.

1- I tried a 8go like you.No success. So I was obliged to buy a
    500Go_USB_HDD to "resolve" definitely the problem. You had a
    good luck

2- I shall have to download and burn another "7.4.2_ISO" on
    another Mirror.

Thanks you for your response

knp
    Last edited by knp; 10-14-2014 at 11:37 AM.

Administrator Site Admin-
    Quote Originally Posted by knp View Post

2- I shall have to download and burn another "7.4.2_ISO" on
    another Mirror.

knp
    If the md5 check of a download passed then nothing is accomplished by doing another download. If the md5 check didn't pass then there was no point in doing the first burn. In any case you shouldn't be downloading from another mirror. If there is only one minor error then a torrent client can repair the bad download by only downloading one or two blocks, not the entire ISO. If the ISO is bad for the reason that I've frequently seen (translation of NL bytes to CR/LF pairs) then in my experience you have about 50% chance of this happening again if you still insist on using the mirrors. The torrents are faster and correct any errors that occur, should take just a few minutes to install and start using a torrent client.

A clue that the NL to CR/LF translation occurred is that the iso is a few K larger than it should be, check the size at the byte level.

If the translation occurred, corrupting the file, the ISO should also be able to be fixed by a program that does the reverse translation. I'm not going to go into details about that here since if a user isn't going to learn to use a torrent and get the file right in the first place then I assume that they are not going to learn to use the translation program either. I know the torrent client will work, I don't know for sure that the translation is what corrupted the first iso download.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast