Thread: Linux Device Drivers, 2nd Edition Free 525 Page eBook

Hybrid View

Linux Device Drivers, 2nd Edition Free 525 Page eBook

Hi All,

This giveaway maybe useful to someone:

NOTE: You will need to give an email address and fill out a form. The link to the download will be sent to your email address!

http://madgive.com/grab-linux-device...25-page-ebook/

(Scroll down the page!)

Publisher's description:

"This book is for anyone who wants to support computer peripherals under the Linux operating system or who wants to develop new hardware and run it under Linux. Linux is the fastest-growing segment of the Unix market, is winning over enthusiastic adherents in many application areas, and is being viewed more and more as a good platform for embedded systems. Linux Device Drivers, already a classic in its second edition, reveals information that heretofore has been shared by word of mouth or in cryptic source code comments, on how to write drivers for a wide range of devices.

Version 2.4 of the Linux kernel includes significant changes to device drivers, simplifying many activities, but providing subtle new features that can make a driver both more efficient and more flexible. The second edition of this book thoroughly covers these changes, as well as new processors and buses.

You dont have to be a kernel hacker to understand and enjoy this book; all you need is an understanding of C and some background in Unix system calls. Youll learn how to write drivers for character devices, block devices, and network interfaces, guided by full-featured examples that you can compile and run without special hardware. Major changes in the second edition include discussions of symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) and locking, new CPUs, and recently supported buses. For those who are curious about how an operating system does its job, this book provides insights into address spaces, asynchronous events, and I/O."

Enjoy!
    Peter

Administrator Site Admin-
    Gave them all kinds of invasive information. The screen finally told me that the link had been emailed to me. I never got any email. My advice, don't waste your time.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman View Post
    Gave them all kinds of invasive information. The screen finally told me that the link had been emailed to me. I never got any email. My advice, don't waste your time.
    Harry,
    It worked OK for me. Did you look in your junk mail. If not I can send you a copy. Just let me know.
    Peter