My situation is this.. I have a 64 bit sont vaio whose hard drive is dying, and I teach for a living and I need virtualbox for my lessons. I found knoppix and installed it to a usb and booted it and i love it. However when i tried to use the virtualbox that was installed I got errors of wrong version. So then I tried to install via gdeb the 64 bit virtualbox .deb file for debian wheezy from their site but then it told me my architecture was not amd64. So I did arch and found it shows as x86_64. Then i did uname -a and found it showed the kernel as 3.16.3_64 (by the way im using 7.4.2 dvd version and I started the boot by typing knoppix64) so I could see that I was 64 bit. Then I looked at system monitor and saw it recognized my full 8gb of ram and not just 4gb, so this told me it was correct. Now when I do a uname -p it says unkown so Im not sure if my intel board is not showing up as the words amd64 or what the deal is. Bottom line is I would love to use knoppix on my usb, but I have to have 64 bit virtualbox installed to run some 64 bit vms I have on a separate hard drive. Can anyone help me?