Sorry I'm having problems guys. I'm not working from a virtual machine either. In my understanding I'm to begin installing knoppix 7.4.2 in HD mode to the 32G flashdrive, but only install the boot loader and the mbr before rebooting. Then install the Schulz Remaster script. Then continue with the hd install: insert the knoppix 7.4.2 dvd, and click '/usr/sbin/kn-remaster.sh to open the script for the GUI window.

But the script won't open, neither in terminal or execute mode. And I don't understand how to control the install for only the bootloader and the mbr before rebooting, so I must have seriously confused the instructions. I'm sure grateful for your help. I did a remaser without the script, but it only copied the default iso, and the changes that I wanted were simply added in an overlay file. It worked the way I wanted it to ok, but woun't recopy correctly. (It reverts to the default 7.4.2 iso when dd copied).Remastering is a great concept though Werner, it's crucial to have backup flashdrive Operating Systems built specially for the purpose whenever it's needed. God bless Knoppix guys. Thanks.

david